The GREYHOUND 1040 Ethernet switch features high-performance capabilities in a modular design to evolve with your growing bandwidth demands, while ensuring network availability.
It supports up to 28 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports, including a 2.5 GE fiber port option – a first for the industry – and an expected future IEEE standard (802.3bz).
With features like hot-swappable, redundant power supplies and interchangeable media modules, you can modify, expand, and update your live network, without disrupting communications.
Modify Live Networks
- React quickly to changing bandwidth and power needs with in-the-field updates to live networks.
Balance Speed with Cost
- Meet high-speed communications requirements in a cost-effective way with an industry first 2.5 GE fiber port option.
Deliver Power and Data
- Connect power- and speed-intensive devices in the physical security, transportation and power utility markets.
- In release L3A, it allows wire-speed dynamic routing for Unicasts (-UR) and for Multicasts (-MR).
- Enable the maximum security features within HiOS firmware.